Mold Removal

Mold Removal

Mold can be very dangerous.  It produces irritants and allergens that can cause exposed individuals to experience sneezing, runny nose, skin rashes, irritated eyes as well as nose, throat and lung ailments.  Many toxic molds, including black mold, produce poisonous substances . These toxins interfere with the body and can cause serious illness and an array of serious health issues. Their effects on the body have had young and old affected in a very negative manner.  Several types of in-door mold have proven to have victims suffering from: pulmonary hemorrhage or pulmonary hemosiderosis (primarily in infants), flu-like symptoms, headache, weakened  immune system (resulting in increased numbers of infections), hair loss, chronic fatigue, psychological depression, diarrhea, sore throats and dermatitis. Other symptoms associated with mold: blurred vision, chest pains, respiratory issues, chest tightness, shortness of breath, wheezing, dry cough, nasal congestion, aggravated asthma and other disorders.

Inspect for Mold

If you even think you have mold or believe you have mold, an inspection is the beginning point. For a small fee an expert can come on site and perform an inspection.  One aspect of mold grow is taking in the history of the property, current dampness, moisture source, materials affected, and any suspected affected areas.  Our experts have several moisture detection devices and meters.  Our instruments and experience allows us to quickly determine the severity of your mold. Call now for a mold inspection if you have issues or concerns about your property.

Test for Mold

The spores in mold is what typically becomes airborne and exposes you to the many harms mold can inflict.  As we breath in these spores we can then start to become ill from it.. Mold spores are extremely small and are not typically visible the the naked eye. Mold testing can measure and document the quantity and different varieties of mold that have become airborne. This information can become very helpful in determining the scope of work necessary for proper sanitation and clean-up.  By documenting the results of the mold removal and proof that the space is clean and safe is key to completing the job. One of the top molds to be aware of are black, toxic and allergenic molds.  These molds can cause serious health problems. Do not wait! Call now to schedule a mold test.​

Mold from Mildew

Mold is most prolific between certain temperatures, most notably around 65°F and 85°F.  Most building interiors can provide the “best” living environment for the growth and reproduction of mold, mildew and bacteria. All molds are parasitic and rely on organic material for food. Mold can break down organic material and finds its food sources in places such as paper, wood, paneling, drywall, and ceiling tiles. Decaying organic backing on carpets, combined with humid air, creates a perfect environment for mold reproduction.  One of the common terms used is "Black Mold" to describe a slimy, black and greenish substance which can result in serious health risks. This well known mold has been closely linked to the death of small infant babies, from respiratory bleeding and illnesses such as asthma and bronchitis. According to the CDC (Center of Disease Control), this mold is responsible for over “100 cases of lung disorders”.  Areas and the different types of substances where black mold can be found include wet soaked wood,  wall paneling, ceiling tiles, cardboard, even items made of cotton. Black mold can grow on drywall and insulation and can infect areas in the floors, walls and ceilings.